Rewards Checking Account (CUXcel Checking)
CUXcel Checking Features:
- 1.01% APY1* (on balances up to $15,000) and
0.05% APY1* (on balances over $15,000)
- Make any ATM, your ATM
(with Nationwide ATM Rebates on Surcharge Fees)
- Rewards Checking Account
- No Monthly Service Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- Free Debit Card
- Deposit a check on-the-go (with Deposit Everywhere)
- Online and Mobile Banking access
- Alerts for account activity and balance notifications (set up through Online Banking)
To receive the highest rate, you must meet the following requirements for each qualification cycle:
|15 Debit Card purchases and/or Electronic Bill Payments cleared/posted||Receive Electronic Statements|
|1 Direct Deposit ($500.00 minimum)||Log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking at least once|
1 1.01% (APY) paid on balances between one penny and $15,000, and 0.05% APY paid on all amounts above $15,000 each qualification period the minimum requirements are met. For minimum requirements to be met, actions must be performed and must clear/post to the account during the qualification period. If you do not meet the requirements per qualification period, your account will still function as a free checking account and earn the base rate of 0.05% APY; however, it will not receive ATM refunds for that time period. CUXcel Qualification Cycles will be calculated on a calendar month basis rather than the current qualification cycle. For example, January’s qualification cycle will now be January 1st through January 31st. Additionally, members will no longer receive a CUXcel notification email since the CUXcel Qualifiers can be reviewed in real time on BOB (Belvoir Online Banking). Bills paid electronically through Belvoir Federal’s Bill Pay will count towards the 15 Debit Card purchases that have cleared/posted within a given period. All other qualification periods follow this same pattern of dates. Rates and tiers as of May 1, 2015, and subject to change without notice. No Minimum Balance Required. Available to Personal Accounts only. Free Online Bill Pay. No monthly service charge. This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Military Checking (Armed Forces Checking)
Calling all Active Duty Military, Reservists, and National Guard
Belvoir Federal offers members a specialized military checking account as our way of saying Thank You for your service. With a Military Checking account, members receive a free checking account with exceptional benefits.
A FREE Checking Account that offers our military…
|1.51% APY* (on balances up to $15,000)1 and
0.05% APY* (on balances over $15,000)
|Unlimited ATM Rebates on Surcharge Fees|
|$500 line of credit 2||0.50% APR* discount on new consumer loans3|
|No minimum balance||Receive $0.25 for every bill paid with Belvoir Federal’s Bill Pay|
|No monthly service charge||Mobile and Online Banking access|
|Receive free checks and unlimited check-writing privileges||Free eStatements|
To open and maintain an Armed Forces Military Checking account with Belvoir Federal, you must:
- Maintain Active Duty Military, Reserves, or National Guard status
- Have Military Direct Deposit deposited to your account4
- Receive eStatements5
1 This range represents a blended APY for balances over $15,000. For example, if you have a balance of $17,500 you will earn 1.51% APY on $15,000 and 0.05% APY on $2,500 for a blended APY of 1.30%. Rates as of May 1, 2015 and subject to change without notice.
2 There is a monthly payment required.
3 The loan discount cannot be applied to lines of credit or real estate loans.
4 Military Direct Deposit of Net Pay must post to your account within 60 days of account opening. If Military Direct Deposit stops for more than 60 days, the Armed Forces Checking account converts to a Basic Checking account.
5 A valid email address is required to receive eStatements and other necessary electronic communications.
Must qualify for checking account. This account does not earn reward points for debit card usage.
- No minimum balance
- No per-check fees
- Free Overdraft protection from savings, money market, or a line of credit loan
- Free Online Bill Pay with Belvoir Federal credit card or loan
- Free Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Free BelTel 24-hour account access
- Free debit card with no transaction fees
- Members 25 and under with an open Belvoir Federal credit card will receive rebates on ATM surcharge fees up to $5.00 a month
- 0.25% APR* discount on new or used car loans with direct deposit
|If you are a student 15 – 17 years old, you will need to complete three online courses to acquire your checking account. The courses are How to start a checking account,, How to balance a checking account, and How to use a debit card. Certain restrictions may apply.|
Belvoir Federal understands that not all business are alike, so we have created three options for your business checking needs. For our larger businesses that are more established, our Business Checking Plus account is a perfect fit. However, for our smaller businesses with basic needs, check out our Business Checking. We even have a Non-Profit Business Checking Account for qualifying non-profit organizations and associations.
With all three Business Checking account options, you can access your account anytime, anywhere, and from multiple devices (your computer, tablet, or smartphone) with Online and Mobile Banking. Whatever your needs are for your growing business, choose the one that works best for you!
Business Checking Account Options
|Non-Profit Business||Business Checking||Business Checking Plus|
|Eligible for business account||Non-Profit Organizations and Associations||Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships, Corporations, LLCs, LLPs||Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships, Corporations, LLCs, LLPs|
|Monthly Service Fee||n/a||$20.00||$40.00|
|Minimum Daily Balance1||n/a||$500.00||$5,000.00|
|Amount of Processed Transactions with no fee 1||n/a||50||300|
|Per Transaction Fee over the Allotted Processed Transactions||n/a||$0.25 per item||$0.25 per item|
Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and eStatements
What will I need to apply?
There are a variety of items that you will need to apply for a business checking account including: Business documentation (such as filing documents, organizing documents, articles of incorporation and/or certificate of resolution), SSN/Business Tax ID, name and address of the business, the state in which the business operates, the state in which the business was formed, date the business was established, and the SSN, address, and DOB of the business owners/all signers.
Belvoir Federal understands that growing your business can be difficult at times, but we are here to help you succeed, which is why we have partnered with Credit Union Strategic Partners (CU Strategic Partners). Whether you need to purchase equipment, get working capital, or purchase/refinance your commercial property or residential investment property, Belvoir Federal and CU Strategic Partners are here for you and your business lending needs. Learn more details, click here.
1 If the minimum daily balance is not maintained, all processed transactions (deposited checks/cash and cleared checks) are subject to a per item charge. Some restrictions apply. Contact us with any questions you may have.
Debit Card (MasterCard)
Shop around the world and pay with your Belvoir Federal Debit card which pulls money directly from your checking account. Since your purchase is automatically debited from your checking account, you never have to write a check again!
- No monthly service charge for using the Belvoir Federal Debit Card
- Withdraw up to $500 cash of available funds each day
- Deposit funds at Belvoir Federal branch
- Make loan payments at Belvoir Federal branch
- Transfer funds among your Belvoir Federal accounts
Belvoir Federal’s Debit card offers many benefits, such as convenience, ease of use, safety (shutdown access to your funds and getting you a new card), secure (zero liability), financial control, and flexibility.
Important Things To Remember with Your Debit Card
- Whether you are overseas or across the country, make sure you contact the credit union before traveling to ensure the uninterrupted usage of your card. We will make our Fraud Monitoring Service aware of your destination so the card is not thought to be lost or stolen. Call us today and have a safe and wonderful trip!
- If your debit card is lost or stolen, please call 1.800.234.5354 and follow the prompts or 866.570.1238 or members can also call the credit union at 703.730.1800.
- If there is unauthorized activity with your debit card, please call the credit union at 703.730.1800.
- If your address with Belvoir Federal Credit Union is not current, your ATM access may be blocked. Contact us for details.
- |If you are a student 15 – 17 years old, you will need to complete an online course to acquire your Debit Card. Certain Restrictions may apply.
Early Direct Deposit
Belvoir Federal offers our members the benefit of getting their pay early with direct deposit! Many companies and government agencies send funds electronically, which is seen as a direct deposit, before the “official” payday. If you have a direct deposit into a Belvoir Federal account and we receive your pay early, we will make it available to you!
How Do I Get Early Direct Deposit?
If your pay is already directly deposited to an existing Belvoir Federal account, you do not have to do anything. The early direct deposit will occur automatically. If your pay is not already directly deposited to a Belvoir Federal account, you will need to update how your pay comes into your account if you wish to receive your direct deposit early.
- If you are in the Armed Forces or a Federal employee, go to mypay.dfas.mil or www.go.direct.gov and update where your pay is directly deposited.
- With all other direct deposit payrolls, you can contact your payroll department to sign up for direct deposit to your Belvoir Federal account.
To begin Direct Deposit into your Belvoir Federal account, provide your payroll department or the originator of the deposit with the below information or complete this Direct Deposit Form.
Information about Belvoir Federal:
|Address||Belvoir Federal Credit Union
14040 Central Loop
Woodbridge, VA 22193
|Phone||703.730.1800 or 888.503.2328|
|Routing Transit Number (RTN)||256078569|
|Account number||Found on your checks or give us a call at 703.730.1800|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Early Direct Deposit
Click on the below question to learn the answer.
What is early direct deposit?
Many companies and government agencies send your pay electronically before your “official” payday. Early direct deposit offers credit of your direct deposit to your Belvoir Federal account up to one business day early based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer.
How can I get my direct deposit early?
If your pay is already directly deposited to an existing Belvoir Federal account, you do not have to do anything as it happens automatically.
If I do not already have my paycheck coming to Belvoir Federal, what can I do?
If you are in the Armed Forces or a Federal employee go to mypay.dfas.mil or www.godirect.gov. All others should contact your payroll department to signup for direct deposit to your Belvoir Federal account. To start a direct deposit, your payroll department or another payer will ask you to complete an authorization form with instructions about where to send your deposit.
Information about Belvoir Federal:
Address Belvoir Federal Credit Union
14040 Central Loop
Woodbridge, VA 22193
Phone 703.730.1800 or 888.503.2328 Routing Transit Number (RTN) 256078569 Account Number Found on your checks or give us a call at 703.730.1800
What if I have automatic transfers/payments tied to my direct deposit?
If you have automatic transfers/payments that occur when your direct deposit is posted, they will still occur at the time of your deposit.
Is there ever a time when I will not receive my deposit early?
- It is our practice to post your direct deposit as soon as it is received by Belvoir Federal, which means you may receive your paycheck up to one business day early. In instances where we do not receive the information ahead of time, Belvoir Federal is not able to post your deposit early. Instead, your direct deposit will be posted on your normal payday or as soon as we receive the funds.
- If your direct deposit is not posted early, it could be due to one of the following reasons: (1) Your employer does not submit your payroll into the ACH system in time to post it early. This sometimes happens when a holiday falls on a weekday. (2) The ACH system is not functioning properly, resulting in a delay. In our experience, this is a rare occurrence.
- We recommend that you do not write checks or authorize any other withdrawals against your directly deposited funds until you verify that they have been posted to your account. By making sure to double check your directly deposited funds, you may avoid overdraft charges in the case that funds had not yet been deposited.
Belvoir Federal has no control over when direct deposit funds are received and cannot guarantee early delivery or payment.